Monday, November 3, 2008

WAKE UP and VOTE! The Financial Markets Meltdown, What Next and the Matrix


I crawled out of bed at 4 am, again, because I had to write this piece which was published today on the HuffingtonPost. For the past year I have said bascially nothing on this blog around the election. What I typed this am, on the eve of the election, is what I have to say. In this piece is a list of the factors that I believe contributed to the financial meltown, and what needs to be done to correct it.

My conclusion...." This process does not end with an election; it should begin again with one. Let's put our hope in the new President but then work with him, alongside him, for positive change. For me, this means working to ensure that women and women's range of perspectives are included from top to bottom in the new Administration. In this moment, in particular, I am calling the next President to expand his view and look to women's leadership as he assembles his new team. In this country we do not know what women's leadership looks like, and it is time we did.

Let's turn to our 26th President Theodore Roosevelt for advice and "do what we can with what we have where we are" because this country, this world, this moment is calling to us. We are in trouble and we need everyone to take a helping role. You are "The One." Wake up, America. Wake up and Vote. "

I welcome your comments on HUFFPO.

No comments: