Monday, November 17, 2008

The Trouble With America is.....

Yet again I felt compelled to write this piece. Thanks to HuffingtonPost for getting it out in the world. The theme, that we can all do something to make a difference is so important right now. People, working individually and collectively, to create a more just and equitable world is truly the force that will get this country back on track.

At the bottom of the article I make reference to a video featuring ROB BELL that is part of the NOOMA series. We have most of the videos and I cannot recommend them enough. We watch them with our children, with friends, with anyone who is willing to have their world view challenged and perhaps.... shifted. My personal favorites are RICH and LUMP. They are going to be my gift of choice this holiday season. ( along with Wonder Woman T-shirts)
The one line of his that keeps going through my mind is - It is dangerous thing "when you begin to think that our world, is the world."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for writing this, Jacki! Really interesting.

Keep in Touch,

Glennda

Anonymous said...

Jacki, this is another great piece that has moved me. I want to know why we don't have a community service day at all the schools in town and intend to approach the administration about it! You are spot on as usual about the call for action right now!

Jenna said...

Thank you for moving me. That article just fired me up to get going on some ideas that I've had for awhile. Thank you for inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Great article on Huffington, but I'm not feeling the NOOMA video promotion. Where you see 'philosophy', I see clever marketing. I especially love how so much on the website is available for purchase. Nothing like evangelical religion taking advantage of society's never-ending need to consume...