Friday, February 19, 2010

Tiger Woods - "I Am So Sorry"


This was an amazing speech. Yes he controlled the situation, but really, who cares. He said all the right things in my view. He centered his words on personal responsibility, admitting he had a problem, and talking about how he and his family were going to move forward. How powerful are the words "I am truly sorry" but as he said, behavior has to follow.
While we are still in the midst of this financial crisis, I hope CEOs and other senior leaders of institutions who have played a significant role take note. This is how you say I am sorry and plan a way forward.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An amazing speech?

If you think anyone besides his wife deserved an apology, then you are insane.

Perhaps Buhddism will help you on the road to recovery.

Mike said...

Jacki,
Your perspective on Tiger Woods apology is consistent with your perspective on CEOs and other leaders in midst of the financial crisis.

Your words celebrate contempt for the little people who are still hurting from the damage inflicted by your friends.

I will accept money, but not apologies, from wealth managers or CEOs who want to learn useful skills from my experience.

Jacki Zehner said...

Sorry 'amazing' was a bad choice of word. What i meant to say is that given the horrible events (devastating for his family) what he said I found very moving. The reason i think this was appropriate for him to make a statement is because this guy is paid millions of dollars to be a public figure. He accepts sponsorship money and because of it I believe he is accountable to the public for his behavior. Of course his wife deserves an apology and more and time will tell if his remarks were sincere.