Monday, March 30, 2009

AIG - I QUIT!!!

Sorry this is a few days behind, but it is never-the-less an important read. Finally I was able to read something from an AIG employee - thank you to the New York Times for publishing it. This took a lot of courage to make this public given the outrage directed at anyone working at AIG. Personally I know two people named as bonus recipients and they too, had nothing to do with the billions of losses and have been persecuted in the press. They are also wonderful, hardworking, upstanding people. I do understand that the public is upset and I agree that executive compensation is an issue that should be given appropriate attention, but what has happened to these AIG employees was just not right. Period, end of story. Here is the piece - DEAR AIG - I QUIT.

No comments: