Friday, December 16, 2011

2011 - Not a great year in many respects - continued economic crisis, the big fat mess in Europe… nope, not going there. For me 2011 was a GREAT year! Why? Because I made some amazing friends in my new home town of Park City, my family has been healthy and happy, and I have been given the work opportunity of life time with a dream team of girl power at my side. ( you know who you are! H, M, N, J, J and Amanda) So coming from the space of abundance and gratitude I share with you “a few of my favorite things for 2011. ” Move over Oprah, Jacki’s list is here!!


Funniest Youtube Video- I hate to say that it’s true, but how often have you said these things to your friends, spouse, or boyfriend?

My favorite song- We Found Love by Rihanna . I got hooked when it become the opening song for one of my other new favorite things – Zumba!

Zumba is an exciting and energetic way to get in a great cardo workout and have fun while doing it. I have been going to The Law of Fitness in Park City, Utah with an amazing teacher Patrice Martin. She teaches everything from Pilates to Zumba to Funk and every class is like a party! She is so energetic and excited to whip you into the best shape of your life. It is my goal Patrice to help make you the next Tracy Anderson. My 11 ydar old daughter Allie goes with me and that makes it even that much better.

Favorite Beauty Product- In spring of 2011 Mac came out with fun new line from Wonder Woman! M∙A∙C Spring Colour 2011 is, “the feminine force that saves the day! No nemesis can match her super-sized Mineralize Skinfinish, Eye Shadows, Lipsticks and Powder Blush for this transformation!” It is a great collectors item and I love collecting anything Wonder Woman!

My Wonder Woman T-Shirt – Ok not a new favorite thing, but a classic! I order this tshirt by the dozens and give them to my favorite people. It you receive one you know the rule, you must take a picture of yourself in it and send it to me. I you have not received one for me send me an email telling be why you deserve one and I will send to the top 5 requests! pursepundit@gmail.com ( include your mailing address)

My Favorite New website for buying great gifts and all things handmade and Vintage: Etsy. My fav thing to buy as a gift are PeaceCords – a new product by the company ARZU, founded by my friend and former Goldman Collegue Connie Duckworth. Buy one for everybody and help the women of Afghanistan.

As I have taken on a new role as Co Chair of Women Moving Millions I have obsessively been reading books about philanthropy. Here are two, new, sure to be classics by authors I met this year, alongside by two other favs by women who are also my fav people!
Do More that Give - Leslie Crutchfield, John Kania and Mark Kramer. new
Giving $mart by Thomas Tierney and Joel Fleishman. new
Inspired Philanthropy: Creating a Giving Plan and Leaving a Legacy by Tracy Gary
The Generosity Plan: Sharing Your Time, Treasures, and Talent to Shape the World by Kathy LeMay

My favorite thing to watch this year are TED videos, especially the women. Hard to pick one out of the crowd by I really loved this one by Sheryl Sandburg of FACEBOOK at the inaugural TED Women Conference. (Why we have too few women leaders)

My favorite article – Do you sometimes read an article that literally gives you the chills because it speaks directly to something you have been thinking about? This is how I felt when I read the article called “Collective Impact” by John Kania and Mark Kramer appearing in the Stanford Social Innovation Review. The article frames how ‘large-scale social change requires broad cross-sector coordination.” Since reading it I have adopted a “collective impact mind-set” with all the social change work I am doing.

My favorite drink – Ok it is a toss up between an alcoholic drink called “The Love Potion” and Vitamin Water Zero. Perhaps they balance each other out? One for the night and one for the morning after? The recipe for this fabulous drink – 2.5 shots citron vodka, 2 shorts Lillet (white), 2 shorts St. Germaine, and 1 cup grapefruit juice. YUM.

Lastly I am ending with my new fav joke. Always gotta have one to pull out in times of emergency.

What Religion is Your Bra?

A man walked into the ladies department of a Macy’s And shyly walked up to the woman behind the counter and said, “I’d like to buy a bra for my wife.” “What type of bra?” Asked the clerk. “Type?” inquires the man, “There’s more than one type?” “Look around,” Said the saleslady, As she showed a sea of bras in every shape, size, color And material imaginable. “Actually, Even with all of this variety, There are really only Four types of bras to choose from.” Relieved, the man asked About the types. The saleslady replied:

“There are the Catholic, The Salvation Army, The Presbyterian, And the Baptist types. Which one would you prefer?”

Now totally befuddled, The man asked about The differences between them. The Saleslady responded, “It is all really quite simple. ..

The Catholic type Supports the masses; The Salvation Army type lifts the fallen; The Presbyterian type keeps them staunch and upright; and The Baptist makes mountains out of mole hills.”

Have you ever wondered why A, B, C, D, DD, E, F, G, and H are the letters used To define bra sizes? If you have wondered why, But couldn’t figure out What the letters stood for, It is about time You became informed!

(A} Almost Boobs…

{B} Barely there…

{C} Can’t Complain!…

{D} Dang!…

{DD} Double dang!……

{E} Enormous!…

{F} Fake…

{G} Get a Reduction…

{H} Help me, I’ve fallen And I can’t get up!…

Once again have a Very Happy Holiday and a Gorgeous 2012! Jacki

No comments: