Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Eve Ensler's List of Most Powerful Feminists

Eve Ensler was asked to create a list for FORBES ( click here from FB) of the the most powerful feminists. Cool. I wish I could say I know all these women, but only one, Pat Mitchell, do I now well. To see them all, click here. ( it is a slide show)

Eve would most certainly be on the top of my last of powerful and influential feminists. Eve is a role model in how you can leverage your skills, your passions, your platform to change the world. Big time! Her cause? To end violence against Women. I am a proud supporter of V-Day and I hope you are too! Violence is not a women's issue it is a human rights issue. I have had the pleasure of meeting Eve many times and she is the real deal.

Another amazing woman who has dedicated her life to ending violence against women is Jodie Evans of Code Pink. Jodie is a sister in the Women Moving Millions Movement, that I am honored to be a part of. I have only seen her wear PINK. Talk about wearing your values, again, totally inspiring. Spend some time on the CODE PINK web-site it is an amazing resource for all who care about human rights.

What is a feminist? Feminism refers to movements aimed at establishing and defending equal political, economic, and social rights and equal opportunities for women. ( Wikipedia)

( Please note there is nothing in the definition about being anti-male or 'radical'. By this definition I truly hope everyone sees themselves as a feminist.)

No comments: